The Coalition is looking for a person with deep passion for and commitment to promotion of natural farming and an understanding of the entire ecosystem needed to foster change in this direction.
The National Coalition for Natural Farming is a collaborative platform to build knowledge and capacities in multiple dimensions among all stakeholders to accelerate the practice and discourse related to agroecology-based farming in its multiple variants in India. The effort is to facilitate the empowerment of a significant number of small & marginal farmers; special emphasis on socially marginalized groups & regenerating environmentally vulnerable areas, with farmers’ collectives as the foundational basis and women farmers in leadership roles.
The work of the Coalition will be to help build necessary partnerships, including with State agencies and with farmers’ groups, to enable a smooth and effective transition towards agro-ecology based farming ecosystems. The Coalition is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages women to apply.
The Chief Executive Officer – National Anchor, reporting to the Steering Committee, would be in charge of leading the secretariat team, giving strategic direction, enabling partnerships/collaborations and mobilizing resources. In alignment with the emerging agenda of the coalition partners, and inputs from advisors and the Steering Committee, NCNF secretariat team co-creates collaborative platforms for multi-stakeholders to work together on furthering agroecology.
The Anchor leads by example, builds and sustains a high-functioning, diverse, inclusive and collaborative secretariat team, consisting of facilitators anchoring state coalitions and coordinators for anchoring thematic functions.
Women candidates will be given preference.
Salary and emoluments will be commensurate with experience and capabilities
- Facilitate the strengthening and expansion of the coalition network, by integrating stakeholders from across domains into the agenda of agroecology.
- Enable collaborative partnerships with and amongst government, non-government, research, academia, including media, market and other institutions
- Drive activities to foster and maintain a cross-learning environment for the coalition partners/ members
- Synthesise emerging strategic findings from ground & research with opportunities emerging from government, funders, bilateral programs and embed them in policy and program architecture
- Develop annual and periodic action plans for NCNF; Mobilise funds and liaise with funders for the same; And ensure their effective implementation with set goals and objectives.
A Successful Candidate
- Has a minimum of 15 years of related experience
- Possesses excellent team building skills with the ability to set and communicate vision and strategy; and the ability to lead and work as a member of teams, including consensus building, communications skills.
- Has excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build, facilitate and maintain collaborative relationships with a range of stakeholders (including farmers, donors and Govt).
- Has excellent analytical and advocacy skills, and verbal, and written communication skills in English language, and working knowledge of at least two other Indian languages.
Applicants may please fill this form (Link)
The last date for submitting applications is 31st May 2023